Our seasonal winter weather will soon be upon us and to assure continued high-quality delivery service, we want to remind you of important winter shipping information. As our shipping patterns are changing with the continued growth of the ultra-concentrated Ultraflex product line, the volume of less than truck load shipments are also increasing. Since an LTL typically transfers at multiple freight terminals, the potential for unexpected delays is always present and becomes a greater concern during the winter shipping season. Proper inventory management and timely ordering is the best way to safeguard against running low on product at this busy time.
Cold weather affects orders in all regions of the U.S. and Canada, so please take special note of the following guidelines:
- If the temperature drops to 10° F, or is predicted to do so, most shipping companies will not pick up LTL shipments marked “Do Not Freeze” since they would be liable for any resulting claims.
- Orders for stock items should be placed on or before a Friday for shipment the following week, since some freight companies only pick up Monday through Wednesday to avoid the possibility of shipments freezing over the weekend. Please remember to place orders for non-stock and special order items well in advance to avoid possible delays.
Upon receipt, it is critical that all shipments are carefully inspected prior to signing the freight bill, verifying that the shipment is complete, and not visibly frozen or damaged in any way. If there is an issue with the shipment, that must be noted on the freight bill. Without the notation, CSI cannot be responsible if a problem develops, as we have no recourse with the carrier.
During this holiday season, CSI will be closed on the following dates:
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 28th, Friday, November 29th
- Christmas: Tuesday, December 24th, Wednesday December 25th
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1st
Please be especially aware that this year, the December holidays fall in the middle of the week, causing limited LTL shipping during those two weeks. Full truckloads will be relatively unaffected. Our recommended order date for product to deliver before Christmas is Monday, December 9th. (Please remember that this is only a guideline as weather conditions may impact shipping schedules.)
Lastly, for your customers that use the No Freeze formula, the No Freeze Foaming product remains available in 30-gal. and 55-gal. drums. This product requires a 5 day lead-time and the current pricing is available on the DOC program in SMART.
Please call customer service at 800-225-2231 if you have any questions.
We appreciate your business and wish you all a successful winter washing season.