CSI would like to thank and support the International Car Wash Association for their leadership and decisive action in cancelling The Car Wash Show 2020 in San Antonio, TX.
In making this difficult decision, the ICA has shown its sincere desire to be good ambassadors for our industry and protect the health and well being of all of its members. As contributing members of the ICA organization for decades, CSI is proud to stand with them in following the direction of public health officials on the best precautionary steps to take relative to COVID-19 in the name of public safety.
As a company, CSI takes the health and safety issues very seriously. In response to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19 we are closely following the Centers for Disease Controls guidelines and recommendations. Our own Corporate Health Action Plan focuses on the people who make our business what it is – our employee’s and our customers.
Enacted a “self-quarantine” support policy for any CSI employee showing symptoms of illness consistent with those associated to infectious viral diseases.
- No corporate office facility or customer travel activities can be conducted while symptoms are present.
Instituted a temporary International Travel Ban for all US based employees until further notice.
- CDC international travel recommendations will be followed.
Created a temporary “travel optional” US travel policy for field support personnel that have regular and direct interactions with our customers.
- Employees with concerns over travel to specific US destinations or events are able to request alternative work duties while the CDC recommendations relative to COVID-19 are in place.
Implemented additional Safety Awareness protocols in the work environment consistent with CDC recommendations –
- Placed posters encouraging cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene in the workplace.
- Provided tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by employees.
- Provided alcohol-based hand sanitizer around the facility.
- Provided routine environmental cleaning of the facility.
Our commitment to our employees and customers is consistent with our values of the “continual pursuit of excellence with a strong code of ethics”. CSI is focused first on the health and safety of our people.
Douglas A. Marquis
Cleaning Systems, Inc.